#protection of lawyers #database #reanimation of meanings
The professional community (lawyers, law students) is the most important provider of human rights protection. We are engaged in defense, advocacy, education and the creation of tools that facilitate work to strengthen this community.
#protection of lawyers
We protect the professional community using international mechanisms. For example, we constantly communicate with UN Special Rapporteurs in defense of lawyers. We reflected the real situation with the rule of law and access to justice in the Alternative Report on the Implementation of SDG 16, as well as in the General Alternative Report on the Implementation of all SDGs in Belarus, prepared by representatives of the Belarusian civil society with the coordination of Sviatlana Tsikhanouskaya's Office.
We also constantly conduct in-country advocacy. For example, thanks to us, the Criminal Procedure Code of the Republic of Belarus secured the right of a witness to a lawyer. We promoted the recommendations of Belarusian NGOs on amendments and additions to the draft Law "On amendments and additions to some laws of the Republic of Belarus on improving the activities of the bar".
We have developed a special search engine for human rights standards (in ru). This resource saves time and allows the user to quickly navigate international human rights standards for key queries. It helps to quickly increase the initial expertise on the necessary aspect of human rights. It helps to strengthen a legal document (complaint, statement) with relevant international human rights standards, while such information is not available in popular professional databases. It helps project managers navigate the human rights agenda regarding Belarus.
#educational materials #reanimation of meanings
We develop training and educational materials, organize an internship program for students (we announce each recruitment separately).
Some materials for TA:
- Manual "Proceedings on the elimination of gaps in regulatory legal acts, exclusion of collisions and legal uncertainty in them"
- Video blogs "Reanimation of meanings" (in ru):
- Man and the State: who owes whom and what. Episode 1
- Restrictions on human rights: how to establish a balance of personal and public and whether it is necessary. Episode 2
- International and national law: shake, but not mix? Episode 3
- Constitution: how to read and write correctly. Episode 4
- War and law: basic. Episode 5